Eddie Murphy Net Worth – $200 million.
Edward Regan Murphy is a well known American comedian, actor, singer, producer, and writer. He is also known as the face of Saturday Night Live from 1980 to 1984.
He is famous globally as a stand-up comedian and got 10th position on Comedy Central’s list of the 100 greatest comedians of all time. His stand-up comedy and acting career has made his net worth grow considerably.
What is Eddie Murphy’s Net Worth & How he did it?
Eddie Murphy has achieved the nominations of Golden Globe awards for his movies “48 Hrs”, “Trading Places”, “The Nutty Professor”, and the “Beverly Hills Cop Series”.
He won the Golden Globe for the category of Best supporting Actor for his character in “Dreamgirls”.
Till 2014, Murphy’s movies have grossed more than $3.8 billion in the US while more than $6 billion globally.
In 2015, he became the 6th highest earning comedy actors in the US due to his strong and powerful choice of movies.
Highest Grossing Movies of Murphy
- His Beverly Hills Cop II grossed $300 million while his special stand-up comedy edition Raw collected $50 million in the US alone.
- Murphy’s movie “Coming to America” grossed $228 million and was made on a budget of $35 million.
- His “The Nutty Professor” also grosses $274 million at the box office.
- Murphy was paid $20 million for “The Adventures of Pluto Nash”
From this numbers, you can imagine that these movies have an immense contribution in the net worth of Eddie Murphy.
7 Interesting Figures to Understand How Eddie Murphy Become Overpaid Comedian
#Figure1 – The current net worth of Eddie Murphy is estimated $200 million.
#Figure2 – His movies have considerably grossed more than $7 billion.
#Figure3 – He was also paid $20 million for the Nutty Professor II, The Klumps and Dr. DolittleII and The Adventures of Pluto Nash.
#Figure4 – In 1982, for 48 Hrs, he was paid $450,000 while 8 years later, he was paid $7 million for its sequel.
#Figure5 – Eddie’s first movie affected his SNL earnings and he started by earning $4,500 per episode while later, he was paid $1.1 million per year that is $30,000 per episode.
#Figure6 – For his voice role in Shrek, he earned $3 million and for its sequel, he was paid $10 million.
#Figure7 – Murphy also paid $20 million to his wife during their divorce.
How Much is Eddie Murphy Net Worth? Here are the Statistics and Data
- SNL earnings in 1975 – $4500
- Contract with paramount pictures for 6 movies – $25,000,000
- Best defense earnings in 1984 – $1,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop earnings in 1984 – $14,000,000
- Comingto America earnings in 1988 – $8,000,000
- Earningin 2001 for shrek and Dr Dolittle 2 – $23,000,000
Eddie Murphy Net Worth Evolution From 2013 to 2021
- 2013 – 2014 – $35 million
- 2015 – 2016 – $65 million
- 2017 – 2019 – $85 million
- 2020 – $160 million
- 2021 – $200 million
Eddie Murphy Property
Eddie owns an apartment in New York worth $300,000. Murphy sold the property in 1991 for $1.5 million.
He also owns a home in New Jersey worth $30 million.
Murphy also owns a house in Beverly Hills worth $6.4 million.
Murphy has a luxurious home in Hollywood Hills worth $20 million.
Wrapping up, from the above mentioned data and figures now you can easily understand that how much is Eddie Murphy net worth and how he did it.