Johnny Depp Net Worth – $250 million.
John Christopher Depp II is a renowned American Actor, musician, and producer. He is famous globally for his astonishing performance as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of Caribbean series.
This versatile actor has been nominated thrice for Academy awards and also has won Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award for Best Actor category.
Johnny Depp became immensely famous due to his role in television series “21 Jump Street” in the 1980s.
Johnny Depp has played some of the most memorable and life-changing characters in the movies “Platoon”, “Edward Scissorhands”, “Sleepy Hollow”, “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of Black Pearl”, the sequels of this movie, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, “Alice in Wonderland”, “Rango” etc.
The films that have features Johnny Depp have grossed over $3.2 billion domestically and over $8 billion worldwide.
Read Also: Christian Bale Net Worth
Johnny Depp Net Worth – How He Built it
- Depp got nominated thrice for the Academy Awards in the Best Actor category
- He won the best actor award for his comic role in Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- He won Screen actors guild award for an outstanding leading role for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in “Pirates of the Caribbean – The Curse of Black Pearl”
- In 2012, with whopping earning of US $75 million his name enlisted in the Guinness World Records as world’s highest-paid actor.
- He was also proudly introduced as Disney legend in 2015
Highest Grossing Movies of Johnny Depp
- Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – $423m
- Alice in Wonderland – $334m
- The Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End – $309m
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The curse of black pearl – $305m
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger tides – $241m
- Charlie and Chocolate factory – $206m
- Rango – $101m
- Sleepy hollow – $101m
- Public enemies – $97m
- Dark shadows – $79m
The Contribution of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Movie to Johnny Depp’s Net Worth
Though Johnny Depp has been one of the most successful actors and all the movies Depp acted in, grossed more than $3b, Pirates of the Caribbean series has played a major role in increasing Johnny Depp’s net worth. This series has carried around $1.5b from domestic markets and around $4.5b from international markets.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” is ranked as the most profitable and money making film form the pirates of the Caribbean franchise while bringing in $1.1b globally. The next highest grossing film is “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” that earned $1b worldwide. “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” grabbed around $960m globally while the first movie of the series, “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” made $654 million globally.
Assets, Business Ventures, and Property of Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp is immensely renowned for having some of the lavishing assets and for leading a luxurious lifestyle. He owned around 14 properties, a 156-foot yacht and has spent $3.6 million on his staff every year.
- Johnny Depp owns 5 ravishing houses on a cul-de-sac in Hollywood Hills. These mansions are worth $19m
- The other 3 houses Johnny Depp owns are of $1.8m – $2.5m value
- Depp also purchased the units for the house for around $7.2m
- He also owns 5 penthouses in LA
- Johnny Depp owns a 3 island property worth $5.35m in the Bahamas. This property has 2 pools and a painter’s studio
- He also owns a 37-acre village in South France
- Johnny Depp spent more than $75m to improve and furnish his 14 residences
- He used to charge $20m per movie
- He spends $22k per month on wine, $115k on bodyguards and more than $150k on private jet travel
The Current Net Worth of Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp was incredibly famous as one of the highest paid actors of Hollywood and in 2016 May, his net worth was estimated at around $400 million. After 2 years in 2018 and 2019, his earnings and net worth sliced to $200 million due to his spending addiction. There are stories about his legal allegations, legal troubles, lawsuits, and issues with former managers had made everyone believe that his fortune has slashed extremely down. In his lifetime, Johnny Depp earned around $650 million which is now wasted.
What is Johnny Depp’s Net Worth Year by Year
- 2015 – $46 million
- 2016 – $400 million
- 2017 – $200 million
- 2018 – $200 million
- 2019 – $200 million
- 2020 – $250 millioin
- 2021 – $250 million
The net worth of Johnny Depp is estimated through data analysis and derived from the statistics. It is believed that the $650m fortune of Johnny Depp is slashed and he has dissipated all his earnings in no less than a decade. His divorce and allegations on domestic abuse also gained a lot of attention.
So, we need to see that either this celebrity will manage to improve his net worth or not. We will keep you updated about the Johnny Depp net worth for the upcoming years. Stay tuned with Net Worth Details for future updates.